JQL query to find stories that have no test cases attached to them in TM4J

Sofiia Lavrova December 13, 2019

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way to obtain a list of stories that have not been covered with test cases. We are using TM4J as a test management tool at the moment. I wonder if I can perform such a search with JQL or which plugin shall I use to reach such a result.

3 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2019

Hi Sofiia,

I understand that you are using the TM4J plugin and are looking for a means to identify issues in Jira that do not yet have test cases for them.   I found that the Adaptavist documentation on this topic over in Advanced searching with JQL functions does explain this.  From that page:

• project = MGS and issue in hasTestCoverage()
  • project = MGS and issue not in hasTestCoverage()

The first query returns all the issues in the MGS project that has test cases, while the second returns all the issues in that project without.  As such you could probably just tweak this a bit to something like

• project=XYZ AND type=Story AND issue not in hasTestCoverage()

in order to return all the story type issues in that specific project that are yet to have any test coverage for them.

I hope that helps.

Andy

Blaine Shirk January 31, 2020

I have TM4J Cloud version and the Jira JQL Language doesn't recognize the hasTestCoverage() function

Like Veronika S. likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Please accept my apologies for an answer that doesn't actually apply in this case, you are correct.  It seems that this plugin in the server version has these JQL functions, but these do not currently exist in the Cloud add-on.  My bad.

It might be worth trying to reach out to the Adaptavist support portal to make a request for this feature there.  I can't seem to find any way to do this in the Cloud version today, but at least this way you can make a request to see if there exist some workaround or feature request that might help here.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Veronika S. October 14, 2020
0 votes
Veronika S. May 26, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events