JIRA error - Not in my Forest

Ellie_Carter April 24, 2020

Do you know what it means when something is not in your forest?

This is JIRA language

It told me that a story could not be added...then some other numbers popped up...then it said it was not in my forest. I then asked to me acknowledge it. I just checked and the story was connected to my capability when I refreshed.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2020

>Do you know what it means when something is not in your forest?

I know in general, but not when it comes to Atlassian software

>This is JIRA language

No, it is not.  Working with Jira for over a decade and a half, I have not seen the word "forest" anywhere.  (I have seen it used in systems that connect to Jira, but not Jira itself)

>It told me that a story could not be added...then some other numbers popped up...then it said it was not in my forest. I then asked to me acknowledge it. I just checked and the story was connected to my capability when I refreshed.

If a story cannot be added to Jira, the most likely reason is that your account does not have the right permission.

The rest of your problem report looks good, but does not work for Jira geeks like me, the words are wrong and the scenarios do not sound like Jira.  "Some numbers pop up" - Jira doesn't do that.  Saying "not in my forest" (see above, as Jira doesn't use forests).  And so-on.  It sounds like you are not really working with Jira, but something else that is failing to talk to a Jira.

Ellie_Carter April 26, 2020

I appreciate your response. I do think it has something to do with permissions. Thank you.

1 vote
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

@Ellie_Carter  It would be helpful   for us to assist by   adding  images /  logs ; if you are using  Jira server  then you can find the logs in <jira_home>/log 

Kind regards,

Mo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events