Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA error - Not in my Forest

Edited

Do you know what it means when something is not in your forest?

This is JIRA language

It told me that a story could not be added...then some other numbers popped up...then it said it was not in my forest. I then asked to me acknowledge it. I just checked and the story was connected to my capability when I refreshed.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

>Do you know what it means when something is not in your forest?

I know in general, but not when it comes to Atlassian software

>This is JIRA language

No, it is not.  Working with Jira for over a decade and a half, I have not seen the word "forest" anywhere.  (I have seen it used in systems that connect to Jira, but not Jira itself)

>It told me that a story could not be added...then some other numbers popped up...then it said it was not in my forest. I then asked to me acknowledge it. I just checked and the story was connected to my capability when I refreshed.

If a story cannot be added to Jira, the most likely reason is that your account does not have the right permission.

The rest of your problem report looks good, but does not work for Jira geeks like me, the words are wrong and the scenarios do not sound like Jira.  "Some numbers pop up" - Jira doesn't do that.  Saying "not in my forest" (see above, as Jira doesn't use forests).  And so-on.  It sounds like you are not really working with Jira, but something else that is failing to talk to a Jira.

I appreciate your response. I do think it has something to do with permissions. Thank you.

1 vote
Moses Thomas Community Leader Apr 24, 2020

@Ellie_Carter  It would be helpful   for us to assist by   adding  images /  logs ; if you are using  Jira server  then you can find the logs in <jira_home>/log 

Kind regards,

Mo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

723 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you