JIRA connector in Azure Logic Apps

jacoroux March 3, 2021

I am trying to integrate service now and jira using azure logic apps.

I am trying to create a Issue using the connector in Azure.

getting the following error.  I have created a API Token and I believe the other settings are correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2021

Hello @jacoroux ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

That error message is usually returned when trying to authenticate using username and/or password instead of using email address (Atlassian Account) and API Token.

Before going any further, can you confirm you are configuring this integration for the instance: HTTPS://D***A.ATLASSIAN.NET ?

If this is the case, I can see that you are not site-admin for that Jira site and that's why you are not able to configure this integration. Please ask one of the site-admins to configure the integration with Azure.

Otherwise, if you are trying to integrate a different site, I will need a bit more information from your side. Specifically:

1. The URL of the Jira site you are trying to integrate
  2. Since there are multiple ways to integrate Jira with Azure, please point us to the documentation you are following
  3. let us know at which step/point you get the error
  4. Confirm you are creating the API Token for your user by going to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.

For more details see:

Cheers,
Dario

jacoroux March 7, 2021

Hey Dario,

Yeah I am was trying to set it up for D***A.

I have accessed  https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.

and created a token.

I am not following documentation. I am trying to use the Logic App Connector.

To insert to get a list of task and create a new one.

When running the logic app? :)

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hello @jacoroux ,

If you are trying to configure the logic app connector for Jira, then the documentation to follow is the below one:

Now, as written in there, you should use your Atlassian account email address and an API token to configure this integration. Can you confirm you did so?

In case you did, then there are other possible causes for this integration to fail:

At this point, in order to whether confirm or exclude any of the above possibilities, can you kindly do the following:

1. Log in to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens
  2. Delete your existing api token(s) and create a new one
  3. Try to reconfigure the logic app connector for Jira using your email address and the newly created api token
  4. If it still fails, let me know date time and timezone you did this together with any error message or code you get back and I will go check the logs for your Jira site.

Cheers,
Dario

Jamie Wolman July 2, 2021

I too am having this issue and I just created the new token. Are you saying that I need to be a site admin for my organizations Jira instance in order to connect to Jira through the Logic App?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events