JIRA cloud automation rule doesn't execute

shruthi sj April 7, 2020

I have created automation rule in project A (JIRA cloud) and the rule is enable too.

But i dont see its working, first thing under rule it says its executed but in JIRA issue under automation says no automation available.

Did i miss anything here.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2020

Hi @shruthi sj  - Did you check the Audit log under the rule? Did it provide you with any information you can use? Can you post a screenshot of your rule?

Sarah Kilmon May 26, 2020

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I've set it so anyone can trigger the automation. I assume it would show when I open the "Automation" Tab, but it showing no rules are available. (Cloud Version) Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.22.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.22.55 PM.png

Sarah Kilmon May 26, 2020

Hello, update here. I realized why it was wasn't showing for me. My setup was a little complicated. 

1) Created a JIRA Project that shows ticket submissions coming from two different JIRA Service Desk Portals. 

2) Attempted to a create a rule on just the JIRA Project INSTEAD of creating a rule on the three parts (Board, Service Desk Portal 1, Service Desk Portal 2).

Once I switched the rule to include multiple projects, my issue was resolved. Screenshot attached of where that is...Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.49.38 PM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

Hi Sarah - Glad you were able to get it to work.  :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events