JIRA Structure: Forecast Column based on Velocity.

Devender Singh February 3, 2023
I am trying to create a column that gives a forecasted start date of Feature/ Story based on Velocity (which is also calculated). The Formula is accepted without errors, but the column shows DIV/0 error... Please help :)
WITH  END = DATE_SUBTRACT(today(), 56, "day"):
WITH velocity = if((resolved = DAYS_BETWEEN(Today(),END)); SUM{storypoints}/8): DATE_ADD(Today(), round(SUM#preceding{storypoints} / velocity)*5, "day")

1 answer

1 vote
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2023

Hello @Devender Singh ,

There are a few things you will want to check initially.

1) If velocity,  if((resolved = DAYS_BETWEEN(Today(),END)); SUM{storypoints}/8),
returns the result you expect it to.  

You can check this by adding it as a separate column in your structure

2) if velocity is mapping to the variable you expect it to.

You can check this from the list of variables below the formula.  Or by putting your cursor over the DATE_ADD() velocity.

3) If velocity in the new column you have added has values above 0 but below 1.  0.5 for example.  ROUND() without any modifiers returns a whole number.

The only other explanation would be if there is a non integer value being passed somewhere that expects an integer.  I don't see any clear indication of that.

Please also feel free to contact our support team directly via support@almworks.com or through our customer portal support.almworks.com.

Best,
David

Devender Singh February 15, 2023

Thanks David for the response.. Will check your proposed solution..

Devender Singh February 24, 2023

Hi David, The proposed solution is not working, so I am reaching out to AML Support Team. 

Thanks,

Devender Singh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events