JIRA Server - Sync Sprint structure between JIRA and Big Picture

Noel Full June 9, 2020

Hello

I have a JIRA project in my Jira Software Server and a corresponding Big Picture Program feeding from it.

While defining the PI and iteration structure in Big Picture I marked the "Create new Jira Sprint automatically" check to supposedly not having to create the Sprints back in JIRA.

Nonetheless, this doesn't seem to have any effect. I create a new BP iteration and nothing is created in my JIRA Board.

Am I missing any step to set up the synchronization? My goal is that everyt time I create an iteration in BP, a corresponding JIRA sprint is created in the backlog.

With JIRA Cloud I got it nicely working.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Grzgoorz D. [BigPicture] June 18, 2020

Hi Noel,

First, please check the settings in Board - Synchronization and Board - Synchronization - Auto-configuration. The next step is to match and save changes in the Board - Scope synchronization to see if they are correct as required.
For the reference, please see short video recording here: BigPicture Board - Sprints.

What version of BigPicture do you have on your instance?  Please note that in the Jira Cloud version, you always have the latest version of the application automatically updated with new functionality. In the server version, you have to do it yourself.

If you would like to investigate that issue individually, please email us at support@softwareplant.com. In the message subject, please add "SUPPORT-328245".

Regards,
SoftwarePlant Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events