JIRA/ Salesforce Connector

John Holloway March 20, 2023

Hello,

We have recently set up the JIRA/Salesforce connector and having some current struggles with mapping the assignee field from Salesforce to Jira. We are currently utilizing the case object to manage internal cases and we have a ID reference field that looks up to the user name "Salesforce Core Team Assignee". We added this field to the mapping and When attempting to create a jira story directly from the case in SF and save I am presented with the following error "Salesforce Core Team Assignee: id value of incorrect type: 5cdc6c9418de8f0dc354f98". 

When we removed this field from the mapping and continued with submission we did not receive an error and successsfully created the JIRA story. 

A few questions:

* Has this issue come up in the past?

* Do we need to map to a certain ID value field in Salesforce or can we customize the process around mapping the assignee of the case to the assignee field in JIRA? 

Thank you 

John H

Jholloway@usaforunhcr.org

3 comments

Comment

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Hi John,

Welcome to the community!

May I know which app you are using to integrate Jira with Salesforce?

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

@John Holloway you may want to contact ServiceRocket Support team at apps.support@servicerocket.com or live chat support to further look into this.

Julian Aidil _ServiceRocket_ March 21, 2023

Hi John,

Julian from the ServiceRocket team here.

We notice your post and raise a support ticket in our portal to help with the issue that you are currently having. 

Best Regards,
Julian.

John Holloway March 27, 2023

Hi Yes thank you where am I able to access the support ticket? I was OOO thursday and Friday but would like to make traction on this early this week 

Julian Aidil _ServiceRocket_ March 27, 2023

Hi John.

The invite email including the ticket creation notification might have been missed.

The ticket has been created which you can access through the following link:

If you have any issue in accessing the ticket, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Julian.

Julian Aidil _ServiceRocket_ March 29, 2023

Hi John,

I would like to follow-up as the ticket has not been responded to yet. If you have any issues accessing the ticket, feel free to let me know!

Best Regards,
Julian.

John Holloway March 31, 2023

Hi I cannot seem to access the ticket? can you assist 

Julian Aidil _ServiceRocket_ April 2, 2023

Hi John,

I'm using the email address available in the description footer when raising the ticket. The email address is:

• Jholloway@usaforunhcr.org

If you are using another email address, you can raise another ticket in our support portal below with this community link as the description:

Then, to not prolong the issue, my response in the ticket regarding this behavior is that this issue tends to happen when the mapping is unable to find the correct User ID from the configured field. Continue to your next point, it is true that a specific value is required to make the mapping work. For the configuration of Assignee field mapping, we can refer to the following mapping:

If the value mapping has been set correctly but it is still not possible to create a Jira ticket when the Assignee field is mapped, please provide us the screenshot of the Project’s Field mapping and the Value mapping for the Assignee field.

Looking forward to your response!

Best Regards,
Julian.

Julian Aidil _ServiceRocket_ April 6, 2023

Hi John,

As there is no update yet on the raised ticket, may I know whether the information provided can help with the mapping and avoiding the error message?

Best Regards,
Julian.

Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2023

Hi @John Holloway

Welcome to the community. This is Majid @ Exalate. 

It seems that the AccountID from Salesforce is being sent over to Jira i.e. it would be meaningless for Jira. There are several ways to do what you are looking for:

1. Create a mapping of Salesforce AccountIDs and Jira AccountIDs so that Jira "knows" who to assign the issue to. This should be the simplest solution, but not saleable as you would continually need to add to these mappings when the user set changes on either system.
  2. Identify a common attribute between the users on both systems, most likely the email address, and use that to "inform" Jira who the correct user is. 

The exact mechanics of the solution would depend on the solution you are using of course. For instance, Exalate takes the second approach and it works painlessly. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks

Majid

John Holloway March 27, 2023

Is it possible for us to hop on a call? 

- what do you mean by creating a mapping of Salesforce Account ID's? will this assign the appropiate user to the Jira ticket as the assignee?

Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2023

It really depends on the config, and yes sure, I would be willing to take a quick look to see if I can help. 

Thanks

Majid

Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

@John Holloway hi. Just to add another possible solution - ZigiOps. Check it out. It's 100 % no-code. It comes with advanced mapping functionalities which I believe would be useful in your case. If you want to know more, feel free to contact our tech team to see ZigiOps in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiOps)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events