JIRA Role Based Estimations and Tracking - Show estimates per user for sprint planning

Catherine Ojok April 9, 2018

We are currently evaluating the JIRA Role Based Estimations and Tracking plugin as we really need to split our estimates by developer/QA and probably other roles in the future.

I've implemented the feature and so far it looks good on the issue screen, however I cannot see how to estimate by user for the upcoming sprints:

In sprint planning I need to see what each user has been assigned so that we don't overcommit someone beyond their capacity. Currently this is working on the Original Estimate field, which shows everything. I've tried to change this in the Board setup, but there is no field to select the Developer estimate only. I've tried to use the issue search to show me the estimates of a person assigned in the sprint, but I can't filter by issues assigned using the assigned to (by roles) field, and I can't see the appropriate estimate in the results only. What I need is something like the Estimated Sprint Workload report, but this only works for open sprints, I need it for planned ones. I also cannot access this report on a board where more than one project is in use, which is a blocker for us. All our sprints/boards (except one) use more than one project.

Is there any way to achieve something like we have at the top of a sprint now in the backlog per user, but using the estimations by roles?:

estimation.png

2 answers

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2018

Hi Guys,

Thanks for suggesting the feature. From what I can understand, you guys want the Remaining Sprint Workload and Estimated Sprint Workload to have all of the sprints included.

There are a few limitations from JIRA, which cause us to not have these two reports on the boards created from multiple projects, but we can definitely add these two pages as a report too. Please allow us some time to add them.

Thank You,

Abhinav.

smit shah December 20, 2018

Hi Abhinav,

Is that possible to get workload report for kanban board using Version release date Just like "Workload" report does?

Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Hi Smit,

The plugin you have mentioned is a bit too vast to cover as a single feature in our plugin. We do have workload report for sprints from agile boards.

We can definitely have a look at making it work for version release dates, so it works with Kanban boards too.

Let us know your specifics about the feature so we can take a better look at it.

Thank You,

Abhinav.

0 votes
Jeannie Moulton May 23, 2018

We are also trialling this currently and require this for this plugin to be useful.

Dragomir Denev June 29, 2018

Same here. The lack of this feature is a "no-go" for us. Why would I need to separate the estimates by roles if I am unable to use this separation during sprint planning?

Please consider adding this with a priority.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events