JIRA-Gerrit plugin does not show Gerrit changes

Toshio Kikuchi January 6, 2016

I've set up JIRA-Gerrit plugin but my "Gerrit Reviews" tab does not show any Gerrit changes.

My sshd_log file in my Gerrit server tells:

[2016-01-06 20:55:12,363 +0900] 03d8c30b jira a/1000008 gerrit.query.--format=JSON.--current-patch-set.message:PJKEY-167 1ms 10ms 0

which means that JIRA is asking if Gerrit has changes related to JIRA issue PJKEY-167.

And when I manually invoke the following ssh command, it DOES report several Gerrit changes.

$ ssh jira@localhost -p 29418 gerrit query --format=JSON --current-patch-set message:PJKEY-167

Can anyone point out why my JIRA plugin does not come up with the query results?

3 answers

0 votes
Toshio Kikuchi January 28, 2016

Hi @Joe Hansche,

First I tried 3.0, but I saw some issues possibly because our JIRA version is 6.3 and not 7.

So then I switched to 2.3, and things turned out to be working well now.
I'm sorry I cannot provide the root cause, but I'd like to close my questionnaire.

Thanks a lot, and bye for now.

0 votes
Toshio Kikuchi January 27, 2016

Hi @Joe Hansche.

Thank you for your advice. I just noticed that version 3.0 was released on the very day of of my questionnaire smile

I'll update the plugin to the latest version and report the results.

Thanks again,

0 votes
jhansche January 26, 2016

@Toshio Kikuchi if the manual command does return results, it's likely due to something else, like the issue being closed or the review being merged.

In general, I recommend using the "Web Panel" module instead, as that has had the most attention given to it (and it's what we use in-house, so more likely to receive updates).  As of plugin version 3.x, the web panel is now the default view.  In the web panel view, there is a drop-down options menu in the top-right area of the web panel, and from there you can choose whether to include subtasks, include closed issues, and include closed reviews. You don't get those options in the side panel or tab views.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events