JIRA GDPR user_key - half users correct, half incorrect?

veronika.toth May 11, 2021

Hi, 

I have an issue with our 8.4.0 Jira Server instance and I'd need your help with it.

We installed this version in 10/2019 and since then it is creating user_keys for our users based on the GDPR compliant solution, so every new user gets a JIRAUSERxxxxx user_key. But, the older users who have had access to Jira prior to the mentioned date still stayed the same, they have their old user_key which is their company unique identifier - so not their name, like johndoe, but a code like this: u12345, also GDPR compliant.

How do I begin to sync this in the DB? Either solution is ok for me, so whether everyone gets a JIRAUSER id or we feature the company uid in their user_key field is both fine, only it needs to be consistent. 

The problem came to light when trying to import test cases to Zephyr with assignees, Jira simply did not find those who have JIRAUSERxxxxx user_keys as we were identifying them in the excels with their company uid. With thousands of imported test cases, it is quite bothersome to fix by hand every time.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Veronika

1 answer

0 votes
NTS itservices August 12, 2021

@veronika.toth , hey!

Take a look at the app_user table :)

TjD__ October 25, 2021

Greetings! We have the exact same problem. Can you give a bigger hint? :P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders