JIRA Automation + ZenDesk Support

Anna Robinson August 14, 2020

Are there any options for ZenDesk Support within JIRA Automation?

The built-in separate notification flow for ZenDesk support is just not working for us - it requires the team to create 2 separate comments just to notify the ZenDesk agent - this is often forgotten and is extremely tedious.

I would like to create a trigger -> Action event when an issue is commented on, the status in ZenDesk will flip to Open and the agent is notified.

2 answers

3 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2020

Hello @Anna Robinson,

From what you are saying, it looks like an add-on can work for you.

Adding to @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ apps, I recommend you consider Exalate Sync Tool (the app I work at). You will be able to create triggers and scripts that allow your integration between Zendesk and Jira to be as robust and flexible as you want.

We even have a guide on how to integrate these two:

Let me know if this helps :) 

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2020

Hi @Anna Robinson 

Not that I know of natively.

Automation relies on access to the trigger and destination issue, this wouldn't be the case with a related Zendesk ticket as it's off-site.

You'd need to consider whether this is possible with either an inbuilt connector - or an app from the Marketplace such as:

Unfortunately I don't have a version of Zendesk to check if these can accomplish your needs. For more options, see the Marketplace.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events