Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA Automation Lite error Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/t

The aim of my rule is to automatically update a date/time Picker field with the current date, time when a transition is made to Closed in any issue across all projects.

My error in the Audit Log is:-

Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type.

Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -

Closed Date (customfield_10660)

No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project): <Issue number closed>

The Custom (Closed Date) field setup looks fine to me - Global all projects.  I can check the fields in each Project and it is listed.

We have a multitude of screens, so I have associated the field with Close screens for where the transition takes places.  Where there is no special screen I have put the field against an Edit screen.  I don't actually want to assign it to a screen as it is the Workflow Transition that I am interested in.  Though I don't mind viewing it, I don't want it typed in.  However, I have a feeling it might be required to put it against a screen.

Get the error when I close the issue.

My automation rule is

Global across projects, enabled of course.

When Issue Transitioned - From status (blank as I don' care), To status Closed

The Edit Issue fields - Closed Date {{now}}

3 answers

I am having the same issue trying to update a date picker field when it is changed in parent, The automation is supposed to update the new date across all sub-tasks but I receive the same message as seen above. I haven't been able to find a solution. 

I was running into the same issue.

For me it was caused by the automation’s actor not having access to the field as configured by the permission scheme.

Ah, yes.  This sounds likely, will have to check.  Many thanks

Did you find solution? I'm using JSD and my process was working fine and then suddenly stopped working. We have updated our Workflow but I'm not sure that this issue started exactly at that time.

The Rule make a transition if a customer add a comment to a Resolved issue. The transition "Reopen Issue" has a screen which contains "Assignee". My action is, run the transition "Reopen Issue" and set "Assigne" to unassigned. The transition itself also clear the resolution.

During the automation, the status changes to "Waiting for support" but neither the resolution is cleared or the assignee is set to unassigned.

Not sure where I should set the permission.

I find the solution to my issue. The status I wanted to reach, does have several Transitions. I now defined a "Transition match" filter to specify my transition and it's working again now.

Image 1.png

I was running into the same error. For me, the automation I built was changing a Task to an Epic then trying to set the Epic Name and getting the error on the Epic Name field.

I solved this by adding a step to the automation to Refresh Issue Data. My automation flow is now:

• Change type to Epic
  • Refresh Issue Data
  • Set Epic Name

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

284 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you