JETI Split regex does not work in Mailhandler while creating new issue

Benjamin_C__John__Decadis_AG_ May 4, 2015

I have setup the Email This Issue Mail Handler to create new issues or comment on existing. I chose the "Create or Comment Issues (Supports Split Regex) " proccesing strategy.

It works well, when a comment is created, but does not work when a new issue is created from Mail. The Mails are not splitted after the Regex expression.

The regex is:

/=====+/

What can we do to split the Mail Body when creating a new issue from mail?

1 answer

1 vote
Stas May 6, 2015

Hi!

as i know split regex does not work on new issue creation

you can go other way and set fields in creation. There you can set command like "put all info after =====+" in invisible fields or something like that.

cheers!

Benjamin_C__John__Decadis_AG_ May 6, 2015

Hi Stas, thank you for your suggestion, but this doesn't help. I set up an Fields initialization rule to split the Mail and set the Description with JETI, but then JETI does not remove the double empty lines from Outlook Mails. Is there a way to fix that? Because it looks hard to write a regex with group matching that splits the empty lines and split the body after the 5 "=". Cheers!

Stas May 7, 2015

Hi Benjamin! I thought that Outlook mails has regex like "-------Outgoing message-------". and what if message will come from other mail client? Cheers!

Benjamin_C__John__Decadis_AG_ May 7, 2015

We don't care about other mails, in this MailAccount :-)

Stas May 7, 2015

Oh. all messages comes to your jira mailbox only from 1 mail acc? so just use mail settings to change regex. or use newline and endline symbols in split regex detection (cant remember them now)

Benjamin_C__John__Decadis_AG_ May 7, 2015

Split regex does not work in issue creation :-), Field initialization rules do only support machtching groups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events