JEMH Test Case fails when message filter "CatchEmail Address Filter" is enabled

krussell101 December 5, 2013

I've set up JEMH. Jira v6.1. If I disable the message filter "CatchEmail Address Filter", my test case works perfectly. The issue is created, etc.

However, of I have that filter enabled, the test case does NOT process OK. I get the following error:

"No matching catchAddress/jemhAddresseeRegexp for mail."

The only part of my JEMH that does not seem to work correctly (that filter disabled) is that the external user that sent the email initiating the creation of a new helpdesk ticket, does not get an email back in acknowledgement.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013
The answer is there! You created a test case but you didnt set the To: address to match your catchemail, easy to fix.
krussell101 December 11, 2013

Okay. Fixed my test case. And now that's passing. But the external email user is still not getting a confirmation email when they create a new ticket.

Which is the real issue here. I was just hoping that passing the test case would fix all of the problems. Guess not.

Shall I start a different thread? Since you certainly have solved the initial problem!

Excellent. Glad it's easy. Where do I set the To: address? :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013
Well, give it a tick, then (im on a phone) google for: jemh from scratch guide, it has the steps you need to follow. If that doesnt get you there ask another q.

I'm going to open a new thread. Thanks Andy.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2013

please mark question answered.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2013

If you intend to support email only users, you must have a catchmail address or a jemhAddresseeRegexp covering your expected inbound addresses. This is required to that JEMH does not also add your incoming mailbox into the non-JIRA recipients custom field, creating a mail loop.

The Filter is doing the correct thing. If your incoming address is not the same as Email > Catch Email Address then the message will be ignored. Either add more (comma delimited) email addresses to the catchemail field, or consider using a regular expression in Email > jemh Addresse Regexp (also comma delimited).

You can easily figure out what is going on by looking Audit History, the detail drill down will tell you want the addressee was and what the catchmails(s) were, so you can fix them.

Leaving Email > Catch Email empty will work but will cause the incoming mailbox to be added to the custom field. It is _possible_ to also do this in the Event Listener 'Disabled Domains', normally this is for filtering out the 'Default User' from notifications, but you could also add 'inbound' addresses, but this is an over compilcation, Email > Catch Email is there to remove cruft.

krussell101 December 10, 2013

NOTE: This is not an answer. But your spambot thinks my comment was spam and instructed me to post an answer instead.

jemhAddresseeRegexp is empty. But I do have a catchmail address.

We have one project that is behaving perfectly (project=IT). I've attempted to set this other project to mirror it completely. When I send both projects emails from an external address only the IT project sends a response email to the external email. The TEST project does not.

I compared Audit results for both and the only difference is that in the IT project there was a Hint sent out "During Label update on AC-194, some problems were reported during adding the label: 1. The current user does not have permission to edit the issue with id 'AC-194'." No hints were sent on the TEST project. Sadly, no emails went out either. :(

I'm figuring it HAS to have something to do with this "No matching catchAddress/jemhAddresseeRegexp for mail" error.

Here are the audit results for TEST:

{code}

Processed OK: Y
Rejected:
Process Outcome: canHandle
Hints:
Can Handle: Y
Do Delete: Y
Email Subject: Weds Testing at 4:11
Message Size: 7.1 Kb
Signed:
Project Mapping Rule Type: domain
Project Mapping Value: addressee: testing@di2e.net
Issue Key:
Created: 1: KTP-11
Updated:
Commented:
Processor Selected: Basic Mail Processor
Exception:
Notify Sender:
Hintogram Recipient:
Attachments:
Filter Reason:
Filter Name:
Filter Action:
Processing Time (mS): 4391
JEMH Version: 1.5.14
JIRA Version: 6.1.2 build# 6157

{code}

Here are the audit results for IT:

{code}

Processed OK: Y
Rejected:
Process Outcome: canHandle
Hints: During Label update on AC-194, some problems were reported during adding the label: 1. The current user does not have permission to edit the issue with id 'AC-194'.
Can Handle: Y
Do Delete: Y
Email Subject: Weds Test 4:10
Message Size: 7.1 Kb
Signed:
Project Mapping Rule Type: domain
Project Mapping Value:
addressee: accounts@di2e.net
Issue Key:
Created: 1: AC-194
Updated:
Commented:
Processor Selected: Basic Mail Processor
Exception:
Notify Sender:
Hintogram Recipient: sysadmin@di2e.net
Attachments:
Filter Reason:
Filter Name:
Filter Action:
Processing Time (mS): 2692
JEMH Version: 1.5.14
JIRA Version: 6.1.2 build# 6157

{code}

All guidance appreciated!

I set the catchemail in Profile section. Is there any other place I need to set it?

Here's the email audit results. Seems like recipients should be something other than notest@localhost. That's not the email of the external user. . . .

Hello, the accompanying email could not be processed by JEMH.

Audit result

The audit result ID: 774

<th>Outcome</th>
forward

Filter details

<th>Name:</th> <th>Action:</th> <th>Reason:</th>
CatchEmail Address filter
forward
No matching catchAddress/jemhAddresseeRegexp for mail. Subject: This is a starting email template, update as required From: andy@localhost With catchMails: testing@di2e.netRecipients: notest@localhost Handling: forward
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.223.112.12 with HTTP; Sat, 18 Jun 2011 22:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:42:26 +1200
Message-ID: 
Subject: This is a starting email template, update as required
To: notest@localhost
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Monday following Thanksgiving.
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2013

You havent edited the email to reflect your inbound catchemail address. Its a bogus address (To: notest@localhost), adn the From address is bogus too. Its a Test Case and setting up the right addresses is part of the job of create test data?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events