Issues with updating Security Levels

David Rome July 17, 2019

Hi

Hope someone can shed some light.

Background: We need to assign a security scheme to our project (and have done so) due to the confidentiality of some of the tickets coming in.  Our end goal is to set the ticket to one of the three levels in the scheme depending on the ticket Request Type. As I say, we have the security scheme all set up, and agents in groups assigned with different security clearance and this all works fine.

Issue: Using Automation for Jira I want to intercept the ticket on creation and assign it to the correct security level. The rule is easily created and looks fine. It never executes without error however:

• If I do not set a security level default (eg default is "none") then the rule reports error "No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project)" even though the Security field is associated with the screen. So I cannot seem to populate what was an empty field with a value?
  • If I do set one of the security levels as default and try and update it on issue creation then the rule reports error "Condition failed because one or more issues failed to index in time".

Indeed any random test rule that I try and run to do anything (eg update component) as a simple test when there is a default security level set will always return this error on an Automation for Jira rule that is triggered on When: Issue Created.

So this seems something bigger and wider than trying to update the Security field; it appears one cannot use a When: Issue Created trigger on any project where a security scheme / with default set is being used?

Any help most gratefully received!

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2019

Hi David,

Can you please try add a "re-fetch issue data" action after your trigger, and see if that resolves the issue for the second case ("Condition failed because one or more issues failed to index in time"). 

If that doesn't resolve the problem, then best you get in contact with us at support get to a resolution faster.  Can you please raise a support request here:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Please include a screenshot of the rule, and also the audit log. 

Thanks in advance,

Scott.

David Rome August 6, 2019

Scott

Just back at work after some time off and grateful for your reply. I will have a go and if it's still not working, will indeed contact support team

many thanks

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2020

Hi, do you maybe happen to know what the solution was? I have the same problem but not with this addon. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events