Have anyone used Xray Traceability Report with a Saved Filter?
I have a Filter created for a release with all requirement jiras (story and bug issue types with specific fixVersion). When I run the Traceability Report, it does not bring all the issues as per Saved Filter.
Infact I am not able to really see Traceability Report working correctly. The list of Requirements (Story and Bug) listed do not match with search criteria entered on top.
Hi, Export to .csv format from traceability report is correctly picking up issues from the report. However it is not very useful since, the export contains requirements, test, test runs, defects (if any reported for test runs). Again please try re-indexing and export.
To understand the problem, we'll have to get some more information. Please contact us via our support portal to be able to help you. Thank you!
Regarding Traceability reports please see our documentation here: https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Traceability+Report
Hi, can you share the solution on this please? I have a similar issue on traceability report that it doesn't always list all of the issues that are reported by the filter. In the most recent specific example, 6 out of 7 stories were shown in the traceability report (so we know the issue type is fine). I was looking for differences, and started to update the "missing" story to bring it in line with the others as a process to identify the problem. The first thing I changed was a date (NOT part of the filter criteria) to bring it in line with one of the working stories, and immediately it's now appeared. I've then changed it BACK to what it was before, and it's still showing! I really need this to be reliable based upon the filter, which at the moment I'm having to double check.
Is there something that restricts based upon last updated time, maybe? Any help appreciated
Hi, The issue with traceability report got resolved after we did re-indexing of the jira projects repo for specific requirements project. I am guessing that Xray builds all links between requirements, Xray issue types over the period and uses them for generating reports. So when we introduced Xray plug-in many years after Jira has been in use, re-indexing helped.
Interesting, thanks. so it may well be that updating the records caused a re-build of the index. I have another that I'm look at now, it should be 26 records (all stories) in the filter, but only 24 of them are appearing. As an aside, the export is working as per the screen, ie, only 24, so at least that's consistent. I'll identify the issues missing and try something to update the record and see what happens when I get the chance. Thanks
So some good news for anyone else out there with this issue. It seems if you update the issues that are missing from the traceability report, then they appear correctly. I've updated 3 different fields in 3 JIRAs, each worked, so its not related to the field, just that I updated the record somehow. Working, but you shouldn't have to do this, nor do the index update I would suggest, it should just work out of the box.
Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events