Issue with Epics vs Activity

John Harrison August 3, 2017

I am in the process of evaluating the USM plug-in but seem to have come up with a problem straight away due to the way we work. 

We have multiple teams working off a single backlog and Epics are used here to track elements of a project as opposed to simply being activities as shown in your demo film.  

This means that when I look at the story map, I get all the epics for my team (as we use 'component' to assign the Epic or Story to a team) which are all the projects that we are going to work on.  Under each Epic are all the associated User Stories, but like the backlog it's just vertical and linear. [Happy to share some screenshots with you directly but I'm not allowed to post them on a public platform]

Is there any way around this so that I could see all the stories for a particualr epic laid out horizontally?  (N.B. changing the way we work, I have been told, isn't an option as the Epics are set up this way for reporting in Portfolio).

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Hi @John Harrison

Can you reach out via support@easyagile.com please. I'm interested to learn more about the Portfolio setup as I've not used in anger for 18 months now.

Quick thought though: Represent Story Map Activities as JIRA Components may provide some guidance if you switch from 'activities' to 'teams' as you read the guide.

Thanks John, have a great day,
Nick Muldoon
Product Manager, Easy Agile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events