Issue dependencies between two different projects

Данил Богузов May 10, 2021

Hello! 

I'd really like to ask for advice from the community.

My client has asked me to integrate Jira big picture over the existing multiple project, in order to keep track on the progress and issues from above. 

However, within my current Jira board, there are more than 150 tasks that are waiting for deployment. 

What I have decided is to migrate these tasks to a separate project, in order, to have an overview of these outdated tasks. 

There are few points that I need help with: 
1) Does my concept make sense in general? (I mean the concept of migrating outdated tasks as a separate project in order to keep track of how they are being completed) 
2) Can I make it in the way, that after one of these tasks from an outdated deploys project will be moved to the other active project board (to the Staging QA column), so that the QA team will get a quick notice about that.  

Once again, the main goal of this idea is to put things in order on the main project's board and to move out the outdated tasks that still need to be cared of into a separate board(project), and to connect everything to the BigPicture plugin. 

I'd highly appreciate any criticism/commentaries/recommendations on the issue. 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@Данил Богузов - Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The great thing about boards is you can control what is visible on them.  I would make sure that you have a solid process so things move forward and do not slip through the cracks.  If you are doing this then using multiple boards is fine.  You can setup the board filters so that issues move on and off the board by status or other criteria.  This will limit what you need to do in the way of moving on and off if you are using kanban boards.  If you are using sprints scrum boards you will have to manually control what is on them for the given period.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events