'Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ Could not find insight object/s XXXXXX' ]

Robertson_ Andy D_ September 15, 2022

I'm trying to upload a CSV to Jira in order to create a bunch of Issues all at once. However every time I go to validate the CSV I get errors for every single line..

They all say 'Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ Could not find insight object/s ' XXXXXXX' ] (XXXXXXX being the name of the custom field)

I know all the fields are being correctly mapped, and the options in the field do exist in the back end as I can manually create a single Issue and select them.

Is there any reason why it's not finding the objects?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Robertson_ Andy D_,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

For the Insight objects, are you using the name of the actual key when importing?

I was using the name of the custom field, so like 'Water Services' for example.

I was able to find the Jira field in the dropdown when I was mapping the fields and they custom fields are active.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Based on this KB Insight is expecting either the Key or Label (key) pattern when importing issues with Insight custom fields.

Like Robertson_ Andy D_ likes this

You got it! Thanks!

What do I do in the case of fields that contain commas?

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2022

Good question, I believe you would have to do something similar to what happens when you export issue to cvs, if the field have multiple values it ends up in multiple columns, one for each value, but I have never tried it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events