Issue Picker

jgiraldo1 December 20, 2019

I created an custom field as an issue picker. For now it allows all issue types. I also made that field required for a transition. When I try to push an issue through the said transition, it fails and I get an error in the screen that says "You must enter a value for this field" although the field appears populated. Can issue picker fields not be made mandatory?

2 answers

0 votes
jgiraldo1 December 23, 2019

I should have been more specific. I made the issue picker field required using Behaviors now linked to Adaptavist ScriptRunner (Version:5.5.9). While I am confident I correctly pick an issue in the transition screen I haven't otherwise validated that there is a value there. I'll add to the script to overlay the field value to confirm that and add the info here.

jgiraldo1 December 23, 2019

Ok, I started overlaying the value of the issue picked on this field to confirm it had a value using:

initiativeLink.setOverlay(initiativeLinkVal)

where initiativeLinkVal is a string  initiativeLink.getValue() and  initiativeLink is the issue picker field in question.

After this I would see the issue I picked overlaid correctly. Curiously after this, I no longer see the "You must enter a value for this field" error in the screen and the transition is allowed. This continue to work after I removed the overlay above.

Also to clarify my previous comment, I was requiring a value for this field as a transition validator  using 
Fields Required (JSU) and not in Behaviors as I had stated. 

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2019

Hi @jgiraldo1 ,

Can you please confirm whether field has value when you push issue through said transition. Also can you please confirm whether you are using native jira validator or any third party app validators.

Thanks,

Avinash

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events