Issue Picker fails to render on screens

Mo Ko January 17, 2020

Hi all

Ive been having a problem adding either the single issue picker or multi issue picker to a screen. I followed the example from https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/script-fields/issue-picker.html but i keep getting the error  below when I load the screen that the custom field is on

Error rendering 'single-issue-picker-cf'. Please contact your Jira administrators.

I used the mark feature on the logs and the only entry I see is:

java.lang.Exception: Missing parameters for fields

if I try and edit the default values for the custom field I get the stack trace below. Any ideas what I maybe doing wrong?

Many thanks 

Referer URL: http://xxxxx/jiradc/secure/admin/EditCustomFieldDefaults!default.jspa?atl_token=B13G-HGR6-7GBV-3TCK_7ce1b73d0141bdca131a6b4b7526e4cb71c79eb7_lin&fieldConfigSchemeId=25900&fieldConfigId=43400&customFieldId=21600&returnUrl=ConfigureCustomField%21default.jspa%3FcustomFieldId%3D21600

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_222]
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_222]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) [?:1.8.0_222]
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) [?:1.8.0_222]
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:83) [?:?]
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:105) [?:?]
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:250) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.EditableScriptFieldTrait$Trait$Helper.getConfigurationForFieldId(EditableScriptFieldTrait.groovy:42) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.EditableScriptFieldTrait$Trait$Helper$getConfigurationForFieldId$1.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.issue.SingleIssuePickerField.getConfigurationForFieldId(SingleIssuePickerField.groovy) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.EditableScriptFieldTrait$getConfigurationForFieldId$0.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.EditableScriptFieldTrait$Trait$Helper.getConfigurationForField(EditableScriptFieldTrait.groovy:31) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.EditableScriptFieldTrait$Trait$Helper$getConfigurationForField$0.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.issue.SingleIssuePickerField.getConfigurationForField(SingleIssuePickerField.groovy) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.EditableScriptFieldTrait$getConfigurationForField.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.issue.IssuePickerTrait$Trait$Helper.validateFromParams(IssuePickerTrait.groovy:48) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.issue.IssuePickerTrait$Trait$Helper$validateFromParams$3.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.fields.editable.issue.SingleIssuePickerField.validateFromParams(SingleIssuePickerField.groovy) [?:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField.validateFromActionParams(ImmutableCustomField.java:338) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian..run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_222]

2 answers

0 votes
Dmitrij POPOV August 31, 2020

Hello @Mo Ko ,

Have you tried to fill-in the "list of values" for the concerned Custom Field? Maybe this "Error" comes from the fact, that the "Multiple Choice" custom field has no value(s)?

With best regards,

Dmitrij

0 votes
Jan Szczepanski
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Mo Ko 

I had the same issue with scriptrunner version 5.5.9. I switched back to 5.5.7, saying just try another version!

Regards,

Jan

Prathyush Thummepalli August 18, 2020

Hi @Jan Szczepanski & @Mo Ko any fix for this issue? 

We are having a similar issue "Error rendering 'single-issue-picker-cf'. Please contact your Jira administrators." we tried downgrade version no help and we don't have any single issue picker field in Jira instance. 

Jan Szczepanski August 19, 2020

Hi @Prathyush Thummepalli nope not really I guess. Just contact adaptavist Directly via https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

I had this issue while upgrading an older version of scriptrunner to the latest. And I faced the same issue when deploying scripted fields via Configuration Manager. In this case I deleted and then re-created the customfield.

But I guess your case is something for the customer support of Adaptavist.

Prathyush Thummepalli August 19, 2020

Thank you @Jan Szczepanski

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events