Is there any way to serve Insight field value atribute (translation) based on user language?

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2019

Hi,

we are trying to research if there is any option how to configure Jira Service Desk and Insight to serve values for customers based on their profile language. Other language version of value is configured as other atribute of object.

Do you have any idea how to achieve this with JSD, Insight and JMWE? Or do you have any idea for another addon which is working with Insight custom fields?

Thanks in advance

Petr

1 answer

1 vote
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

What do you mean by "serve values for customers based on their profile language"? Where? Can you describe your idea in more details?

Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2019

For example:

I have an object with name "Machine" and one of object attributes is "Stroj" as czech translation of "Machine" value.

So if customer (in JSD Customer Portal) has configured Czech language in his profile, then I want to see in Insight custom field value "Stroj" (what is one of attributes of object).

Is it more clear for you? Do you have any idea how to do this with JMWE and Insight?

Thanks

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Well, I'm not sure _where_ you want to see that field, but maybe that's because I'm not familiar with Insight. Jira Service Desk doesn't allow you to configure what is displayed on the customer portal view of a request, but maybe Insight does?

I think this is a question you should ask Insight. 

Nader Nassif
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2019

Hi @Petr Vaníček 

Insight will not be able to translate the attribute value based on the user language setting.

You can probably create a script for this context by creating different fields for different user languages but in that sense you will duplicate the objects to the number of languages you want to translate to.

We do however, have multiple feature requests open for my developers to add support of multilingual custom fields. Some of the issues are ICS-640 and ICS-41 .

Please upvote the ticket(s) that fits your requirements or feel free to create your own :)

Cheers!

Nader

Team Riada

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events