Is there a way to update Intercom integration so all tasks aren't created by the same user?

alex October 7, 2020

Currently working on getting Intercom integration set up and it appears no matter the user, it shows in slack that the admin of that board is the one creating the issue every time.

Is there a setting I am missing to update this so its user specific?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Hi @alex 

I assume you are talking about the Jira integration for Intercom.

You are right, issues are always created with the Jira user who was logged in when you first set up the Intercom integration. Generally, the app does not know which of your Intercom admins matches with which Jira user. Additionally, the app does not require each of your Intercom admins to have a user account in Jira. Therefore it creates the issue always as the same user. Have a look at the FAQ on this topic.

If you would like to change the issue creator for issues created from Intercom have a look at the docs on how to do this. Our general recommendation is to create a dedicated Jira user, e.g. called Intercom app, and set up the integration with that user. This would make it obvious to Jira users that an issue originates from Intercom.

I hope this helps. Btw, I am the creator of this app. Please let me know if you have any further questions or reach out to us via our Intercom on toolsplus.io.

Thanks,
Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events