Is there a way to trigger an automation in Jira Cloud when a label is applied to an issue?

Ryan McBryde March 22, 2021

I would like to be able to trigger an automation that creates a new issue, based on a particular label being applied.  Is there an automation that does this?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hi Ryan,

You should be able to create an Automation For Jira rule that uses the Field Value Changed trigger. Then choose labels for the field. 

Ryan McBryde March 30, 2021

Hi John,

This seems to work.  Any way that you know of to only fire when a specific label is used?    I am currently using the "Advanced compare condition" and I am comparing

{{fieldChange.toString}}  to a certain string value.

As far as I can tell it is only firing when a label that matches the string is added to the issue.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Maybe add a Condition right after the Field Value Changed trigger begins to see if the Labels value = a particular value. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events