Is there a way to share a space with a user from another company that uses Confluence also ?

youssef.dif February 19, 2020

Hello,

I have an Atlassian account within my company and I need to share documents with my client in a secured, shared and partioned space in Confluence.

Of course his company also uses Confluence, thus he has an Atlassian account.

I would be really grateful if you could advise a way for this.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Youssef

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Hi Youssef,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

You would need to add the user's Atlassian ID as a licensed user on the Confluence site which contains the space you want to share with them. At the moment, they'd only have access to content on their Confluence site.

Can you let me know if that's clear, or if you have any questions about that?

Regards,

Shannon

youssef.dif March 2, 2020

Hi Shannon,

I'm not sure to understand.

Do we need to pay for another license to add someone from the client's company in our space ?

Regards,

Youssef

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Youssef,

That is correct. Each person who will be accessing your company's Confluence site will need a Confluence license. Even though the user already has a license with the client's site, that only gives them access to the client's Confluence site and not yours. They will need a license for both sites.

I hope that clarifies things for you!

Shannon

youssef.dif March 2, 2020

Shannon,

Yes it's clear, thank you.

And I can give him restricted access to a specific area of the Confluence?

If yes, how do I setup this please ?

Regards,

Youssef

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2020

Youssef,

Certainly, I can help with that! My colleague wrote a set of instructions below for how to allow access to only one space in Confluence, but if you need to give them further access, you can also use the same principle:

Let me know if you have trouble with that.

Shannon

youssef.dif March 3, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your help !

Have a good day.

Youssef

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events