Is there a way to prevent Confiforms from navigating to the page that has the form once submitted?

Curtis Freudigmann August 7, 2018

Hello!

I have a Confiforms form which i have added to many pages using the Include Page macro. This allows me to make changes to the form in one place, and have all of the forms be updated dynamically. My problem is that when a user is on the space and they use the form (which is included from another page) and they submit it, confluence redirects them to the original form page. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Any help is helpful ;)

-Curtis

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curtis Freudigmann August 29, 2018

I am still looking for a way to redirect the user back to the page which has the Include Page macro rather than having to navigate to a set URL. In other words I want the user to be able to go back to the page they accessed the form from (no matter which page that may be) and not to a hard coded URL.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Curtis

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2018

This is now possible with @self notation in Valid Redirect URL parameter (supported in IFTTTs, in FormView, in Edit Controls)

Curtis Freudigmann October 10, 2018

I will give this a try. Thanks for the information!

0 votes
Curtis Freudigmann August 8, 2018

Update: I realized that creating another IFTTT control in the form allows me to redirect to a new URL. I made the form redirect to my home page for the space, but is there a way to have it navigate back to the page that the form was accessed from. I know how to do this kind of thing with php but am unsure how Confluence would handle such a task.

Thanks again for any help

-Curtis

Paul Manley January 26, 2021

Just in case you are still struggling with this as I came across this thread while seeking a solution to something else. In the valid redirect URL field in the macro, simply put "@self" and that will keep you on the same page that you accessed the form from

Like # people like this
Deleted user November 4, 2021

can you please specify where to put "@self?" I have a similar problem but I'm not using a macro, just multiple form fields within three tabs containers. When a user submits a request through the form, the page refreshes and they are taken to the first tab instead of the one where they created their request.

I would greatly appreciate your help!

Deleted user November 4, 2021

small update: I found the field you were talking about (IFTTTs, in FormView, in Edit Controls - valid redirect URL) however "@self" did not work for me, what worked was inputting the actual url along with the tab name. So url+"#TabName"

thanks!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

If you have your form inside the tabs then surely you need to tell it to switch to active tab via #tabName... Using @self will just redirect to default page state (not selecting specific tab)

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events