Is there a way to link Jira users to an asset in a test environment?

Kiera Chavez June 14, 2018

I have a testing environment set up for the Assests and Inventory plugin. The only thing that is irritating me is the inability to find a way to directly link an asset to a jira user. (i.e. Laptop #6 is in the possession on Jane Doe.)

Pretty sure at this point it's probably operator error, and probably something ridiculously easy that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Hikmet June 28, 2018

Hello @Kiera Chavez,

This is Deniz from Snapbytes (Assets and Inventory Plugin);

You can add an "User" type attribute to the form. And use that field to assign the asset to a user.

We also have an item in our backlog, you won't need to define a user field for each form, it will be built-in and we will introduce check-out to user and check-in feature. In a couple of months we plan to release it.  

If you need any more detail please feel free to ask here or raise a ticket from https://jira.snapbytes.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

Best regards

Deniz

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2018
Vick Khera June 27, 2018

@Moses Thomas, the free plugin indicates it works up to Jira 7.0.11. Is it safe to use it with Jira Software 7.10.1?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2018

@Vick KheraI can't assure you  that  it will  work,  it can be not compatible or you can  experience some  strange behavior,  if you  have a test environment,  with  the same version   of your  Jira instance , test  this plug-in  first  before deploying  it to  your production  instance.

Best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events