Is there a way to have one screen prompt another based on field selections?

Jose Sepulveda December 10, 2020

Hello All,

We're wondering if there's any way to get Jira to automatically prompt for screens depending on certain values in the first screen on ticket creation.

For example:
Screen A has a list of fields. If the user selects yes to a specific field and hits ok to this screen, screen B shows up. If the user doesn't select yes, and hits ok, screen B doesn't show up.

The reason we want to keep these in different screens instead of the same screen/tabs is because some of these fields will need to be repeated on each screen depending on the options selected and as far as I'm aware, any one field can only show once per screen.

I believe this may be doable with transitions, but we'd rather avoid the ticket being created without these fields being filled out. 

On a related note, this issue type is being constructed as a form of sorts where the user should have the ability to request a group to be created but for every group they do request, they need to fill in additional information. The above process is the best way we've come up with for how to implement this but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Hey @Jose Sepulveda ,

That is indeed a tricky one. You basically want to have follow up questions based on your first entry.

You'll definitely need an addon/app for doing such things, transitions will just be a mess and god knows how many you'll have to create.

What I can suggest is the app ProForma:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215833/proforma-forms-checklist-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It exists for both Cloud and Server (you didn't specify), and allows you to create multiple forms for a certain request/add logic to forms.

Jose Sepulveda December 14, 2020

Hello @Dirk Ronsmans

Thank you kindly. We'll go ahead and try to grab that app. Would make this much simpler.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events