Is there a way to create a link to an issue in a next-gen project using Jira Automation?

Ryan McBryde March 30, 2021

In Jira Cloud, I have an automation that creates an issue in a classic business project when a certain label is applied to an issue in a next-gen project.   As part of the new issue creation, in the "choose fields to set", I selected Linked Issues and selected a new custom Link Type, "Initiated By". 

The automation successfully creates the new issue but is unable to create the link, erroring with the following message,

"Unknown fields set during create, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -Linked Issues (issuelinks)"

I also tried it with the "Relates To" link type, with the same result.

I can open the issue in the next-gen project and can create a link, using the custom link type, without any problem, it just does not appear to be possible using the automation.

2 answers

1 vote
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Ryan McBryde 

I've passed this error onto the team to look at. 

In the meantime you could link the issues in a separate action. I would set the scope in the rule details to the projects you're linking between.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 12.22.11 pm.png

Your rule might look something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 12.20.15 pm.png

Thanks,

John

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi Ryan - I know that Next-gen (Team Based) projects don't use the normal Epic Link field to linking Epics to Issues. So I thinking the same is probably true for linked issues. 

Maybe someone from the Atlassian Automation team can verify and provide new syntax. 

Ryan McBryde March 31, 2021

Thank you John,

Is including the "automation" tag sufficient to get them to address this question or is there a better way?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

It probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian. Then please post back here what the resolution ended up being. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events