Is there a way to automatically close tickets that have a status of device is UP under summary?

Ihtisham Anwar March 3, 2020

We get a lot of system generated tickets coming into the queue stating the device is up under the summary field.  Is there a way these can be closed down automatically without user interaction?

1 answer

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

Are those tickets created from Email alerts? If Yes, then I would move such alerts to a different folder using rules, before Jira processes it for creating a ticket.

Hi, Yes they are created from email alerts.  I am very new to Jira and so am not familiar with how to get to rules or configure the rules part, could you point me in the right direction please?

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

Rules are not to be configured in Jira. I am talking about Outlook/exchange/Gmail rules. You need to log in with your IMAP user account (that is used in the Incoming mail handler in Jira).

If you don't know the IMAP user details, then contact your IT support and get the details (username/password). Username can be found in the Incoming Mail-Hanlder section in Jira (System>>Mail>>Incoming Mail).

If its Office365, then you can configure Inbox rules to filter and move the emails into another folder (create a new folder with name say Alerts).

If you are using GSuit (Gmail), there is "filters" for the same purpose. 

Thanks for that, I just found out these alerts are coming in via a monitoring tool we use called WhatsUp.  So I guess these need to be filtered at this monitoring point right?

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2020

Either way works. You can either filter them at the Monitoring tool or if that is not possible due to some other complication at their end, you can filter them out in the Inbox and move them to another folder as I explained earlier before Jira consumes it for ticket creation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events