Is there a way to auto populate issue start and end dates for user story map app add on?

Apoorva Kamath April 20, 2022

I am using the user story map app add on and we are required to add the start and end date for an issue while working on this app. It doesn't auto populate the original start and end date of the issues. Is there a way to do this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Tenille _ Easy Agile
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2022

Hi @Apoorva Kamath👋

Tenille here from Easy Agile. We make a Jira app called Easy Agile User Story Maps for Jira, is that the app you're using?

If so, it would help if I could understand your use case a little better. Are you referring to jira issues that already have an assigned start and end date that you aren't able to see on the story map? Or are you looking to have issues that you create from the story map have a start and end date automatically assigned? If you're looking to have new issues assigned a start and end date as they're created, what is your criteria for the dates?

A lot of questions I'm sorry! If you'd prefer to contact our support team, you're welcome to raise a support request via the app, or email support@easyagile.com

Cheers
Tenille

Apoorva Kamath April 22, 2022

Hi Tenille, 

Thank you for your response. 

Yes I am talking about Easy Agile User Story Maps for Jira. 

Please find more details for your questions below, 

Are you referring to jira issues that already have an assigned start and end date that you aren't able to see on the story map? 

That is exactly the question. Our issues have end date set through Jira  (see screenshot below.).

In the example the due date is set to May 10.  However, User Story Map does have its OWN due date accessible in the User Story Map Sub Menu.  

Essentially, I want to link them so no double data entry is needed. 

Maybe the app has this feature directly? If not, kindly suggest if this can be done in any other way. 

2.png

Tenille _ Easy Agile
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2022

Thanks for clarifying @Apoorva Kamath 

User Story Maps is tightly integrated with Jira, so where we can avoid duplication and display your data directly from Jira, we do. User Story Maps doesn't have separate start and end date fields, so the date fields that you're seeing as an option in User Story Maps would be fields from Jira. 

I think the best first step here would be to check to see if there are multiple start and end date fields in your issue configuration, as you're likely seeing the unused version in the story map issue view. 

Once you've had a chance to investigate, please let me know what you find. If you're unable to uncover multiple date fields, please get in touch via a support request so that we can arrange a call to look into this in more detail. 

Cheers

Tenille

Apoorva Kamath May 4, 2022

Hi Tenille, 

Thank you. 

I just wanted to update you that we have checked the configurations, however, we don't have duplicate start and end dates there. So we are not sure what the issue is. 

I had raised a support request but, I haven't received an update from them yet. Could you please provide me some inputs or maybe guide me in the right direction?

Thanks, 

Apoorva

Tenille _ Easy Agile
Marketplace Partner
May 4, 2022

Hi @Apoorva Kamath,

Thanks for checking your config, and thanks for letting me know that you didn't receive a reply from the support request.

I've found your request in our queue; one of our software engineers Nick replied 29 April, but if you didn't receive it then that would explain why we didn't hear back :-) 

Nick was asking if you're able to send a screenshot of where you have setup the due date field in the Story Map menu. I'll reply again on the support request so that we can keep everything in that thread, but if you don't see a response by the time you see this message, please reply here to let me know. 

Cheers

Tenille

Apoorva Kamath May 4, 2022

Hi @Tenille _ Easy Agile

Thank you for working on this. Apologies, but I am not sure where do I check for responses regarding my support request. I certainly have not received any emails. 

Also, is there a way to get on a call with Nick? I believe this will help us resolve the issue faster. 

Thanks, 

Apoorva

Tenille _ Easy Agile
Marketplace Partner
May 5, 2022

No trouble at all @Apoorva Kamath

From the support request, it seems as though you may not have been logged into your Atlassian account when you submitted the request. So the only way to see updates to the support request would be via email. 

The email that you've used isn't one that I have associated with a User Story Maps license; would it be possible that you've used a personal email rather than a work email on the support request? (Though if you are using a relatively new evaluation license, there may just be a delay in those details coming to us from Atlassian). 

Alternately, the responses to the support ticket may be lost in a spam folder?

I am happy to arrange a support call once we're able to stay in touch via a less public forum. 

If you aren't able to find our email responses, could you please try creating a new request via the Help option in the User Story Maps app, which will ensure that you are logged into Jira and we receive all the correct details for you. 

Thanks for your understanding while we figure out what has gone wrong here.

Cheers

Tenille

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events