Is there a migration license for Bob Swift Power BI Connector Pro?

David Russell July 25, 2021

We have migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud.

We had a license for Power BI Connector Pro on Jira Server, which I believe is a perpetual license.

Is there a migration path for this product to cloud? The Cloud version is a subscription license, so is there a way to migrate our existing license similar to Atlassian's Migration Trial license, or do we have to start a new license?

Thanks,
David.

2 answers

0 votes
Lisa Teves {Appfire} August 9, 2021

Hi @David Russell,

Reaching out from the Appfire team. First off, thank you for being a Power BI Connector Pro for Jira customer!

We don't have an official migration path just yet, but our support team has some helpful instructions they can share to make the migration process easier.

You'll also need to purchase a new cloud license versus migrating an existing server license. Please reach out to our support team for assistance and to get started. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

Hi @David Russell ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I assume you've bought your server license on your own (not through some Atlassian partner)

It is not possible to migrate the license, but I would recommend you to contact the vendor of the application directly and ask them, if they can provide you some sort of discount based on the server license.

Thanks Hana,

I'm not sure where this license comes from, I'm only involved in the migration. I will try to find out.

Not sure if coincidence, but our Server license was just canceled. I'm sure we had 11 months to go on it, which is why I posted this query. Was that something you did?

Thanks,
David.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

Hi @David Russell ,

I implement Atlassian products, but I don't work for the vendor of this application, neither Atlassian itself, so it is not possible for me to do something with your license. So, it definitely wasn't me :-).

It would be great, if you can find out two things about the license

• who is technical and billing contact
  • SEN

No worries, I think this was just a very strange coincidence - we got a cancelation email 15 minutes after your reply above. Maybe we cancelled this a few weeks ago and only just got the email. It's no problem - we're off Jira Server now anyway.

I've seen the invoice - we purchased it through Atlassian.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2021

No problem :-)

I think it would really be the best to contact the vendor.

David Russell July 26, 2021

Thanks Hana,

Yes I'm not sure how I got twisted in the links to arrive in this forum. No problems.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

David.

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events