Is there a ScriptRunner 3.X for Confluence?

Eban Tomlinson July 27, 2015

The Confluence Scriptrunner plugin page has been updated to indicate that "Script Runner for Confluence has merged with Script Runner for JIRA.", as of 3.X, which then directs you to this page: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/x/CAABAg

The problem is that when I manually install the ScriptRunner JAR in Confluence it tells me it's incompatible, which is contrary to the information available at the following locations:

I'm fine if ScriptRunner is not available for Confluence, though that's uber annoying given that I use it extensively to automate admin functions. If that's the case however I'd really love to see the false hope removed from the marketplace, and perhaps some indication so that someone else doesn't have to waste 2 hours trying to figure this out.

edited July 27th, 2015 to add in specific ScriptRunner version information to the question.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

It hasn't been intentionally prevented from working with confluence. I don't know what the issue is exactly... we don't have a CI build for SR in confluence so it doesn't greatly surprise me.

The problem with providing it for confluence is we need to have a decent amount of built-in "content", plus good documentation, which sadly we haven't had time to do thus far, or keep up to date the existing content. It's not really acceptable to put it out there and hope for the best. However it's hard to see how this could be done as a free plugin.

As you mention it's frustrating that it's out there and doesn't work, so I've removed the listing on marketplace.

Eban Tomlinson July 28, 2015

Thanks Jamie. That's all that's needed. I'll buy the Bob Swift one in the future.

0 votes
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

There is also the Scripting for Confluence add-on which is a supported plugin with an Atlassian Verified designation that works on Confluence Server. It supports scripting languages like Groovy, BeanShell, Gant, Jython and Javascript.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2015

I helped someone here: Integrating Script Runner with Confluence 5.7. If you look at my comments in my answer, you might notice I am specifically using 2.1.3, which doesn't thrown any errors. I'm not sure what this means.

The Confluence support for Script Runner has always been low, so it doesn't surprise me if it falls out of date.

Correct. I saw your answer in my search prior to posting this question. The purpose of this question is specifically to figure out what the heck they're on about with version 3.0 Thank you for your response though!

I'll edit my question to make a bit more sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events