Is there Zephyr for Jira Test Version Control?

Zach Underwood March 22, 2021

Does Zephyr for Jira include Zephyr Test version control?

I see that the question was asked here in 2013, and I see here that there's built-in version control for Zephyr Scale and here for Zephyr Standalone.

I'm a software test engineer working as a contractor to the Army, and I'm using the DI2E version of Jira and Zephyr.  I don't have the test version option on any of my Zephyr tests.

Am I simply missing a button that I need the Jira project admins to add, or is the test versioning functionality not in Zephyr for Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

@Zach Underwood ,

There is no test level version you can set from zephyr, what you can do is goto project setting create versions there. It will be available then to be picked as fix version at the test case level.

-Bibek

Hey @Bibek Behera , thanks for taking the time to answer!  I'm confused, though.  I do have the Fix Version drop-down box available, but it contains our software versions.  I'm looking for something that will let me track revisions of my Zephyr tests.

I guess you did answer the question though: "There is no test level version you can set from Zephyr."

I guess that's what I'm looking for.  I'll look for a workaround.  Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events