Is the script runner plugin compatible with Ubuntu?

Nagmani Nagmani February 2, 2012

I am using groovy runner.exe installed for my windows operatring system.

I need easiest way to get linux compatible(ubuntu) groovy runner to implement the groovy script I have implemented on my windows platform.

Do I need todo any other changes too for using the groovy script on linux platform please suggest.

I have successfully made the automatic page creation in confluence in windows platform..suggest me if any change is required for the ubuntu.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012

um, not unless you have platform specific things in there. I mean its groovy, a script language which isnt platform specific running inside a VM which isnt platform specific. Without seeing the code, its hard to be sincere. I guess an initial formatting exercise will be needed with tofrodos package but after that, depend on script content, not language.

There is also no specific platform limitation listed (and Id hope there were no native components to it).

Are you currently experiencing a problem or just fishing...?

Its not fishing for sure Andy brook. Since I need to get script runner on ubuntu I wanted to be sure about what changes I need to do as I am doing it on central server.

I got the deb version for ubuntu from http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download

I just wanted to know do i need to make any other changes in the plugins I have used on my windows platform for the same application.

groovy-all 1.7.10.jar and confluence soap 4.0.0 to be kept in web-inf of jira and confluencelink plugin to be kept in installed plugins of jira apart from this I have installed groovy1.7.10.deb for ubuntu platform.

Any other changes to be made to get script runner work on ubuntu..??

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012

There's nothing platform specific in the plugin, groovy is 100% java, and I'm acquainted with the script Nagmani has which should have nothing windows-centric in it.

Nagmani, you really make things confusing. Why are you talking about "groovy runner.exe"? There is no .exe.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2012

You don't need the Debian version, that's the installer for groovy. You need just the one jar, groovy-all-NNN, exactly the same one you used on windows, plus the plugin.

tofrodos is not necessary either in this case...

As Andy says, any issues with platform compatibility will be entirely down to your script.

Thanks Jamie and Andy I was really confused. Got my answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events