Is the Support Entitlement Number only for Atlassian or can 3rd parties ask for it for plugins? Is there any danger giving it to a 3rd party?

MadelineBarr June 23, 2014

I want to evaluate a 3rd party plugin for Confluence and they are requesting my SEN before giving me an evaluation license. Is there any danger in providing them with this information?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Madaline,

The purpose of the SEN number is to validate that you have a valid JIRA license and how many users your license is caplable to support. The only concern I'd have is where are you going o provide the SEN number. If you are using Atlassian Market place there is no problem in providing the SEN number.

MadelineBarr June 23, 2014

Thanks Luciano,

The plugin is listed on Atlassian Market place and then, to get the eval license, I have to go the vendor's site. That's where I am asked for the SEN. As long as they can't use the SEN number for something other than what you have described (to validate and to get # of users) then I'm okay with that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events