This seemed to be too good to be true. I was searching for a way to connect MS Teams to JIRA and stumbled upon the Atlassian marketplace where a "free" MS Teams addon for JIRA was available by a company called Soft Serve.
Pardon my naivety but can anyone explain what is in this for Soft Serve (I mean how does it financially benefit by providing this free add on?). Surely it would take $$$ for Soft Serve to develop and support the add-on so am wondering why would the company offer the add-on for free??
@Dhawal Korani it can seem free.
There could be a few reasons why it could be free:
- somebody else is paying them to maintain the App(s)
- they don't invest in the support or feature development anymore to lower the cost
- they cross-sell something else (other apps, services)
- they plan to make it paid one day to return the investments
- it is part of their giving back to the community
It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event