Is the JIRA WEB-INF/lib content fully exported by the System Bundled plug-in?

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2013

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of stuck trying to import the org.apache.jasper package from the System Bundle plugin.

I've seen that the required package is exported, but maybe partially only and some of its subdirectories like the org.apache.jasper.runtime could be missing for 3rd party plug-ins.

Is the WEB-INF/lib content fully exported by the System Bundled plug-in? Or does Atlasian apply any filter on its content?

Thanks,

Pablo

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2013

Not sure whether it is a bug that we've fixed in the latest version of UPM, as I did not see that any more. Maybe you can try to upgrade the UPM for a test?

0 votes
Andrei Damian-Fekete April 3, 2019

Very old question, but I guess this is the place for the "official" documentation.

In Jira 7.6.1 (at least) you'll have to check `com.atlassian.jira.plugin.DefaultPackageScannerConfiguration` (directly in source code at jira-project\jira-components\jira-core\src\main\java\... or compiled at atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\...) to see what is included and what is excluded.

Includes

• "com.atlassian.*",
    "com.google.common.*",
    "javax.*",
    "net.jcip.*",
    "org.jfree.*",
    "org.joda.*",
    "com.opensymphony.*",
    "org.apache.*",
    "org.ofbiz.*",
    "org.xml.*",
    "org.w3c.*",
    "webwork.*",
    "org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.*",
    "org.bouncycastle*",
    "org.dom4j*",
    "org.jdom*",
    "com.perforce*",
    "org.slf4j*",
    "org.codehaus.jackson*",
    "com.thoughtworks.xstream*"

Excludes

• "com.atlassian.greenhopper",
    "com.springframework*",
    "org.springframework*",
    "com.sun.jersey.*",
    "javax.ws.*",
    "org.apache.tomcat.*",
    "org.apache.catalina.*",
    "org.apache.jasper.*",
    "org.apache.coyote.*",
    "org.apache.naming*",
    "*..svn*"

So org.apache.* is imported but org.apache.jasper.* is specifically excluded.

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2013

You can find them in the WEB-INF/classes, they've compressed into the zip file "atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip".

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

I have a doubt. The documentation suggest looking at the System Bundle on the OSGi view in order to see what packages are exported and can be re-used by plug-is. But this does not corresponds to the atlassian-bunled-plugins.zip content.

For example:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/168594/why-a-system-bundled-interface-is-not-visible-from-a-plug-in-even-it-is-explicitly-imported-updated

The picture attached in the link above shows how the otrg.apache.jasper package looks like exported by the System Bundle (OSGi view), but it is not in the atlassian-bunled-plugins.zip.

What is grong? The documentation, then not all the packages shown on the OSGi view are really visble by plug-ins? Or does the System Bundle exports more packages than the atlassian-bunled-plugins.zip?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events