Is it possible to use ZQL filters in AtlassianGadgets

rakesh bh March 14, 2014

Hi Team,

I have created few Filters in 'Manage Execution Filters' i.e Test Execution Filters. The reason for creating was to get these details on JIRA dashboard to see it on a Pie chart or in Two Dimensional Gadgets. I have a management requirement to create: For each Version, I want to see the number of test cases in a particular cycle that are having different status. Please note I am not looking for the list, but i just need count of them in a form on Pie chart or two Dimensional issue statistics.

Can you please let me kknow if we can use the ZQL Test Execution filters in all the Gadgets that are defaultly provided by JIRA or Zephyr?

Thanks in advance.

Please find attached the screen shot that of the requirement.

8 answers

3 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

Hi Rakesh,

In order to be able to use a ZQL in a JIRA only gadget, JIRA would have to be willing to use our ZQL. Currently ZQL can not be use by JIRA and JQL can not be used by Zephyr for JIRA. You can not mix them or swap them. ZQL can only be used in Zephyr for JIRA and our Zephyr gadgets, and JQL can only be used in JIRA for their Issue navigator and their gadgets.

Kind Regards,

Emily

rakesh bh March 16, 2014

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your prompt response. Its very sad to hear that even though its one tool, we have this restriction. Can you please let me know if Zephyr team can develop some of more Gadgets that give the count or a bar graph at Version level for all projects? This is a very necessary requirement considering a large organisation. We have lot of projects going side by side and all of them go live in a one particular Release(here in zephyr we call version). So we need some Gadgets which shows up the execution status vs Project under a single Version.

Thanks,

Rakesh

1 vote
Karen O'Connor December 4, 2015

Has any update been made for this feature? It has been over a year, this is a necessity in my opinion.

Gaurav.Sood July 19, 2018

Atlassian Team any update on the above feature requirements? This is one of the key and basic thing which every organization would look out for. Its been more than 4 years since this feature was requested. 

Any insights indicating on whether this feature would be implemented in near future would be of great help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

Atlassian are not going to do anything about this.

ZQL is provided by Zephyr, not Atlassian, so it's up to Zephyr to do something to make it work with the core.

1 vote
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Hi Rakesh,

At this time we do not have a date for this feature being planned.

Our Product Management team has been made aware of this feature request. They will review the same for consideration.

Kind Regards,

Emily

1 vote
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for idea! Currently, Zephyr for JIRA does not have gadgets or charts that display bar graphs at the version level for all Projects at once available with native functionality. Our Product Management team has been made aware of this feature request. They will review the same for consideration. We appreciate your valuable feedback in making Zephyr for JIRA better.
For further questions/assistance please feel free to open a service request by sending us an email.
Kind Regards,
Emily
rakesh bh March 17, 2014

Hi Emily,

Can you please let me know by when I can expect to see if Zephyr has planned to build this feature? -So that I can provide an ETA to my management here.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 votes
myk July 2, 2020

any luck for this feature?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

No change, as it's structurally impossible, as Emily answered before.

0 votes
Vamshi Korde January 31, 2020

Following up on to see if there is any good news on this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2020

No change, as it's structurally impossible, as Emily answered before.

0 votes
Irina Bezruk February 14, 2019

Dear Zephyr,

Is there is any news about gadgets or charts that display bar graphs at the version level for all Projects. Currently we are evaluating Zephyr and this is a big obstacle to us.
We have multiple project, that have big amount of test cases and only 3 test engineers to verify all tests. So I would like to see the time spent by each engineer for all projects in specific version. Also it will be great to see pie chart to see test distribution between engineers.

If such functionality exists - could you please explain how to retrieve such information and depict it in dashboard with graphs?

Best Regards,
Irina

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2014

ZQL is not part of JIra, so Jira gadgets won't handle it. Zephyr ones may, if they're coded for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events