Is it possible to update a numeric field if an issue is linked to another isse.

Mark Hanson September 8, 2020

I am looking for a way to tally the number of links for a particular issue, issue "A". As a step to resolve the problem, I want to update a field in "A" if automation identifies that an issue is linked to it.

I'm able to get automation to recognize the existence of a linked issue using the "For Linked issues" option.  By my reading of the documentation, the following edit should update issue A:

{
"Update": {
"{{triggerIssue.fields.testNumericField3}}": 1
}
}

However, I get an error:

"No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):"

I've used customField_nnnnn instead of the field name, but that does not work either.

1 answer

0 votes
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2020

@Mark Hanson 

Hello, Thanks for writing to us.

Maybe you can use "Edit Issue" action where simply you can select field("testNumericField3") from dropdown and set its value to like this:

{{issue.issuelinks.size}}

instead using json(which is wrong in your case, details on using update here), which should count total linked issues of all types and set in your custom field.

Or if this does not resolves the concern please share details on how you are planning your rule and your use case. Maybe I will be able to assist better. 

Cheers
Sherry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events