Is it possible to trigger an Automation based on submission of a Jira Form?

lmahserjian October 27, 2021

Hello, I have several Automations programmed in a business project (most of them are for recurring activities that happen on set cadences - quarterly, once per year, etc). I only want a particular Automation to be triggered (create a ticket, auto-add some Comments with instructions, auto-add a label, auto-add certain watchers) when a Jira user submits a Form. Right now I have this Automation set to trigger any time a ticket is added to the project, but that's not going to work long-term because there are several other Automations in the project that will trigger a ticket to be created in said project, and I only want this particular Automation to be triggered upon submission of the Form.

If someone can point me to an Automation or combination of Automations to meet this need I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

Hi @lmahserjian  - I would set the value of a custom field when the issue is created by the form. You will probably need to add the field to the form. 

Then you can add the value of that field to the condition of the rule. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events