Is it possible to schedule issue creation on a specific date with automation

Angel Osberg September 9, 2021

I am needing to setup a series of 10 administrative tasks for our team to complete within a year. We would like to break these tasks up between quarters. I am trying to find out the most efficient way to accomplish this - Is it possible to set this up using automation? 

For example:

3 tasks need to generate starting on Jan 1, 2022 every year until forever

3 tasks need to generate starting on Apr 1, 2022 every year until forever

2 tasks need to generate starting on Jul 1, 2022 every year until forever

2 tasks need to generate starting on Oct 1, 2022 every year until forever

1 answer

2 votes
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2021

Hello @Angel Osberg 

Yes, this is possible using Automation. This can be done in the following ways:

• Schedule the trigger to execute after every 12 months and then under it define the creation of tasks as per business requirements. This will require the set-up of 4 different rules.
  • Schedule the trigger to execute every quarter, check the month and then execute the required steps.

Please let me know if you need any help with the set-up of tasks using Automation.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps you resolve the query.

Annual trigger.JPG

Angel Osberg September 10, 2021

Thank you for your response, Gaurav. Is there a way to set the date that this will kick off? For example, I don't want this first  task to generate until Jan 1, but when I set it to run rule every 12 months, it's setting the run times based off of this month? 

Automation.png

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2021

Hello @Angel Osberg 

In order to set it to 1 Jan, you can either wait till December or set it up from Advanced. The advanced settings make use of CRON expressions. The set-up would look like the below screenshot.

Please let me know if you need any help with the set-up of tasks using Automation.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps you resolve the query.CRON.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events