Is it possible to pull the values of a ConfiForm back into the entry fields via ID or jiraKEY?

Brian Karst June 15, 2020

The most recent request I received may not even be possible. They want to be able to use the Jira Key for an issue that was created in a form to pull what was entered into the form at a previous date back into the editable entry fields. They want to then modify the fields as they see fit and submit to have it edit an issue accordingly.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Are you asking about retrieving the data from a Jira issue and setting it back to fields in ConfiForms?

Look at this tutorial - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Using+Field+Definition+Rule+to+request+data+from+JIRA+and+set+it+to+ConfiForms+fields

Brian Karst June 16, 2020

Almost. They want to retrieve the data from a Jira issue (which was populated via ConfiForm) pull it into the ConfiForms entry fields. Modify as they wish and set it back in Jira.

My extra conundrum with pulling back from Jira is I have multiple fields populating the description. They are separate in the ConfiForm but combine in the Jira issue. If I pull the info from Jira I don't know of a way to separate them back. If I pull the fields from the confiform entry then I could get them separated but then the data is potentially not up to date if someone updated the Jira issue directly.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Here I afraid I cannot help you...

Looks like you need to parse the description back somehow... 

Bill Mills March 8, 2021

Hi Alex, 

I'm looking to perform a similar action to capture the Jira Issue Status back to the form submission.   Using the above link worked and it populates the field I created on the form with the Jira Issue status.  However when I export the form data to CSV that field remains blank.   

Is there a specific step/setting that could cause this?  

Thanks!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2021

Hi

Jira issue status is not returned back when the issue is created

So you need to save back the key to the Jira field in ConfiForms and then access the status field value or any other value through that ConfiForms Jira issue field

I cannot say anything about CSV and the field value being blank without seeing what you have. Feel free to open support ticket if you think there is an issue (misbehaviour) with ConfiForms

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events