Is it possible to lock the fields in a confiform to prevent editing from the tableview

Erin Smith October 30, 2018

I have a form where the requester submits the request and then an approver goes to the tableview to approve or reject the request.

I would like to lockdown all the fields except the approve/reject dropdown field so when the approver hits Edit on the tableview they aren't able to make any changes except to approve or reject.

Is this possible? I can't set the field to be only editable by certain people because the original form is open to everyone, so I'm wondering if there is some other rule or setting that can be activated to prevent editing after submission.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

You can make ConfiForms Forms to have a "version" field added which will act a soft lock and will raise an error when a concurrent modification of the record is about to be performed

Just add this sort of Field Definition to your form and that's it. The records become "versionable"

ofer ROZENBERG March 18, 2021

can you add a small example?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

Just add a ConfiForms Field Definition of type "version" into your Form Definition macro body and that's it - the record editing becomes version-able. 

Nothing else

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events