Is it possible to install Plugin2 addon in JIRA Cloud?

Shaikh Jeeshan Kabeer May 9, 2017

Hello, 

I am new to JIRA development. I developed a JIRA addon using Plugins2 framework - which generates a single JAR file for the addon. How can I upload the JAR or install my addon in JIRA cloud?

After enabling "developer mode" in JIRA, an option for Upload Addon appears. But it cannot be used for uploading JAR, rather you can upload the URL of the atlassian-connect.json (which is the case if you use Atlassian Connect framework for development). It seems you can only upload Atlassian Connect addons but not Plugin2 addons.

I looked around, but could not find a solution. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

JIRA Cloud only supports Connect add-ons, not p2 add-ons

Shaikh Jeeshan Kabeer May 9, 2017

Thanks Matt. Any quick way to convert from p2 to Connect? I am new to JIRA development. Any java frameworks I can use for developing connect addons?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2017

No, the two frameworks are fundamentally different.  You can reuse the logic sometimes, and maybe snippets if the code is similar enough, but you need a totally different structure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events