Is it possible to import Custom Zephyr fields using Zephyr Test Case Importer Utility?

Deepa Talwaria June 14, 2019

I have created custom Zephyr fields and included into Jira Project. While trying to import the test cases from Excel, I am not able to map these new custom Zephyr fields in the Zephyr Import Utility.

How to enable listing of these new Zephyr custom fields while doing field mapping in Zephyr import utility?

5 answers

1 vote
Tan Szu Yen July 7, 2019

I have similar query as well, where new custom field has been added, and it was not able to map from Issue Field - Import File Mapping.

TestImportMapping.png

By the way, the custom fields is not able to see when create test. 

CreateTest.png

But it is able to view after the test case created. Is it i had missed some configuration ?

TestCaseCreated.png

Andrew godfrey February 13, 2020

I have the same issue as above.  Did you find an answer to it ?

colin mcdermott June 14, 2021

Hello, this is old. 

But it appears that Zephyr needs the custom fields to be linked to the screen. Usually a custom field context is enough, zephyr needs an association with the actual screen.

You will need to be a full Jira administrator to do this. 

https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-squad/faq/custom-fields-set-up-for-our-tests-are-not-availab/

This happens because the "Project" to which you want to import the data would be associated to a screen which have not been configured to these custom field types.

1. Using Jira Administration navigate to <Issues>-><Fields>-><Custom Fields>
  2. Scroll to the corresponding Custom field you want the screen to be configured to in the list and click on the cog wheel associated to it as shown in the screen shot below.Click on "Screens" from the dropdown
  3. It will result in a page displaying the list of screens and check against the screen (associated with your project) to associate the particular  custom field to that screen as shown in the screen shot below
  4. Now reconnect to your cloud URL in the importer utility, select the same project and you will observe the missing Test Custom Fields available now for mapping.
0 votes
Aaron Matthys August 23, 2023

It is NOT possible to import to test step custom fields via CSV or the API.

Smartbear's answer via support ticket:
"I have discussed this with our Development teams this morning and currently there is no way to import the custom fields via API. It's something we are aware of and it may be something as part of future releases, but I don't have any details on that. I'm sorry we do not have a solution for you on this. I understand you were looking to get this completed."

0 votes
colin mcdermott June 14, 2021

Zephyr custom field has to be associated with the screen used in the project. see: https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-squad/faq/custom-fields-set-up-for-our-tests-are-not-availab/

This happens because the "Project" to which you want to import the data would be associated to a screen which have not been configured to these custom field types.

1. Using Jira Administration navigate to <Issues>-><Fields>-><Custom Fields>
  2. Scroll to the corresponding Custom field you want the screen to be configured to in the list and click on the cog wheel associated to it as shown in the screen shot below.Click on "Screens" from the dropdown
  3. It will result in a page displaying the list of screens and check against the screen (associated with your project) to associate the particular  custom field to that screen as shown in the screen shot below
  4. Now reconnect to your cloud URL in the importer utility, select the same project and you will observe the missing Test Custom Fields available now for mapping.
0 votes
Deepa Talwaria February 13, 2020

Hi,

We used the Zephyr API to implement this functionality.

raghu_mankali March 16, 2020

@Deepa Talwaria can you please provide more details on this. I think I am stuck exactly at this point.

The custom fields I created at test details level is not available while importing in the Zephyr Testcase importer.

Regards,

Raghu vamshi

Deepa Talwaria March 30, 2020

Hi,

The Zephyr Testcase importer does not support custom fields. However, there are Zephyr APIs available which can be used to import the custom fields created at test step level.

0 votes
Deepa Talwaria July 14, 2019

Hi,

I have also observed this and think is the expected behavior, as the test steps and test execution fields are not listed while "Test Issue creation".

Can someone from Zephyr team confirm this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events