Is it possible to have the timer automatically start on opening an issue?

Luke James January 29, 2013
Is it possible to have the timer automatically start on opening an issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luke James February 6, 2013

There is not a way to automate the clicking of the Start Time button upon opening/creating a new issue.

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

but it is possible to start timer automatically when issue goes to "In Progress" status.

Simply change plugin configuration to "Automatic" mode.

Thanks,
Gebsun

Randall Nicanor August 6, 2014

When I create the issue it is created with a status of In Progress and never goes to open based on the workflow I have. When the issue gets moved to closed, there is no value for work log. Is there a setting I need to change?

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

Let us investigate this fancy scenario.

In the meantime you can try the manual mode and "Start/Stop time" button.

Regards,
Gebsun

Update: raised an issue https://gebsun.atlassian.net/browse/ALW-7

0 votes
Luke James January 29, 2013

Sorry...this question is related to the Automated Log Work for JIRA add-on. I downloaded and check the JIRA Suite Utilities, which looks great, but is not exactly what I am looking for. I would actually like to track actual time spent on an issue as well as have the ability to specify a billible amount of time. Is there something that would facilitate that?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

I am assuming you want to monitor the amount of time the issue spends in each status.

If thats the case, then you can view this detail by clicking on the transitions tab at the bottom of the issue.

Please note you would need jira suite utilities to view this detail.

If you are interested in implementing SLA then there are plugins available in the market. I have used vertyGo SLA plugin and that is pretty good for managing SLAs.

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events