Is it possible to have a delay between 2 components/steps of the automation?

Tibi Duka-Kispal January 18, 2021

The rule is triggered by creation of an epic. It is supposed to transition the epic and the underlying stories, but the problem is that the stories are not all created when the rule triggers (the epic and its stories are created by another outside process, with the epic being the first item created)

2 answers

0 votes
Kevin Cassidy October 4, 2022

Yes - I'd love the option for a delay also! 

The only thing I can think of is to create a REST API that simply waits 10 seconds before responding - seems like a ridiculous over-complication though 😐

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Tibi Duka-Kispal 

You can do two things.

• Use a Branch rule/related issues: All created issue. This will ensure that further actions are applied once issue is created.
  • Use Jira REST API from Send web request action where you can can for a response before running further actions.

Or may be you can just redesign to run the rule on some other trigger like a transition may be?

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Tibi Duka-Kispal January 22, 2021

I prefer to keep this all within Jira, not use REST APIs.

The branching with All created issues would not work because the trigger epic and issues are created by another process.

What I really need is the capability to just wait a few seconds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events