Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to have a delay between 2 components/steps of the automation?

The rule is triggered by creation of an epic. It is supposed to transition the epic and the underlying stories, but the problem is that the stories are not all created when the rule triggers (the epic and its stories are created by another outside process, with the epic being the first item created)

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar Community Leader Jan 18, 2021

Hi @Tibi Duka-Kispal 

You can do two things.

• Use a Branch rule/related issues: All created issue. This will ensure that further actions are applied once issue is created.
  • Use Jira REST API from Send web request action where you can can for a response before running further actions.

Or may be you can just redesign to run the rule on some other trigger like a transition may be?

I hope it helps.

Ravi

I prefer to keep this all within Jira, not use REST APIs.

The branching with All created issues would not work because the trigger epic and issues are created by another process.

What I really need is the capability to just wait a few seconds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

727 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you