Is it possible to create a Rule with usage of Xray issue types, such as Test Execution, Test Case et

Joanna_Bielawska August 6, 2019

Hi,

I'm doing the research through Jira Marketplace looking for an addon/plugin that will help me create Jira bug tickets automatically based on some conditions. I have already found "Automation for Jira" and I think that could be useful for my scenario, but I have question:

is it possible to create such powerful rules with Xray (test management plugin for Jira) issue types? I mean types such as: Test Execution, Test Case, Test Plan etc.

Thank you very much for any hints!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanya Gordon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2019

Hi,

Of course! Xray issue types aren't different from any other issue type in Jira. You can customize any scripted rules/automation for any issue type, regardless of the origin. 

You can also use Jira's native REST API. It's shipped out of the box with Jira and you don't need an addon to use it.

Regards,
Tanya

Joanna_Bielawska August 7, 2019

Thank you for the answer! I will definitely proceed with the plugin then.

Best regards,

Joanna

0 votes
Florian Royer February 20, 2021

'd like to change header JIRA status when all xRay status of my execution are pass or fails. Is it possible you think ?

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Hi @Florian Royer 

If you are using Xray server or data center, it could be possible to do that using another app the can listen to custom fields value changed and perform workflow actions, since the TestRunStatus is a custom field.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events