Is it possible to allocate unequal work hours for a resource on Big Picture Resource planning?

Sudheer Reddy R February 14, 2020

I am trying to resource planning on Big Picture. I need to allocate different work hours on different days for a resource. Let me explain using an example. Say at Ticket TKT-1010 is assigned to Mr.X with the following estimate

start date 14th Feb, 2019

end date: 20th Feb 2019,

Original Estimate - 24h

So, Big Picture will allocate 6h each day form 14th Feb to 20th Feb. However, in our scenario, the resource has to work

• 8h on day1, 
  • 8h on day2,
  • 6h on day 3 and
  • 2h on day 4.

Can this be achieved using big picture resource planning? If not, is there a work around?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Hi,

We are working on this functionality.

Firstly, we are planning to release ONE-21129 - users will be able to select a front- or back-loaded workload contouring mode so that a task effort could be distributed starting from the beginning or starting from the end of the task duration.

In the next phase, we will release ONE-2841 - a manually configurable workload.

In case of having trouble accessing the link, you may try Incognito.

Cheers,

Patryk

Sudheer Reddy R March 5, 2020

Thanks for your response, Patryk.

Could you please let me know a tentative timeline by when you plan to release this feature for the cloud version?

Like Iman mohammadi likes this
1 vote
siobhan July 22, 2020

👋  @Sudheer Reddy RFloat is a resource management tool that enables you to manage your team with this granularity of work days, hours, and availability一 and they've just launched an integration with Jira! You can check out the listing on Atlassian Marketplace here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events